The only thing worse than a snowstorm on the first day of spring is content that doesn’t make sense. Content includes social media posts, website copy, e-blasts and even blogs that aim to make people favor your company, product or service. Maybe you’re trying to get people to purchase something or just support your company by following you on social media. Whatever the goal is, making sure to keep it in mind while creating your content is essential.
What exactly is considered good content?
There are a few things that deem something as being “good content”:
- Know the difference between a colon and a semicolon. Good grammar, spelling and punctuation matter.
- It must be relevant! Speak to things related to your company partners and industry. Also make it relevant to the platform you are using, social media requires different content than a blog.
- Don’t forget to make it interesting. Getting people’s attention is hard enough so don’t bore them, make it something they want to read and engage with.
- Be clear and concise. People don’t like to read so if you’re lucky enough to have grabbed their attention, don’t waste their time and get to the point!
- It makes sense – if you’re writing a blog about how to make a pizza you won’t be giving them a recipe for French toast.
Why is it important to have good content and how does this help me?
What your company puts out is a direct reflection of itself and shows the public what you are all about. Your content represents you; what you want people to know about you and how you want them to perceive you. It should promote your company and make people interested in it while also proving to them that you are the best at what you do. Good content is essential in building your brands reputation and creating a name that people know and trust.
Let our team at AVP show you the importance of quality content, contact us today!